The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, the Organising Authority for the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race
Rob Webb from the Bureau of Meteorology delivers the weather at the race briefing
The official prizegiving at the Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania
Race Finishing Club
- Bureau of Meteorology
The BOM provides weather reports for the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race. The BOM is responsible for providing meteorological, hydrological and oceanographic services in Australia. Link here to a specialised marine page on the BOM website.
The CSIRO has for many years provided Rolex Sydney Hobart boats with information regarding the oceanographic conditions likely to be encountered on the race course.
- KORDIA - owns and operates Australia's Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) HF network on behalf of the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) and Bureau of Meteorology (BOM). Kordia will play a supporting role for the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race 2010 by monitoring the HF race frequencies used by the fleet during the iconic yachting event commencing 26 December 2010
- Yellowbrick Tracking - The Yellowbrick tracker is a rugged and fully self-contained battery operated tracker which works anywhere on Earth. The tracker will obtain a position using the GPS satellite network, and then transmit that position back to Yellowbrick HQ using the Iridium satellite network.
The positions are then visualised on the race Yacht Tracker map or overlaid on Google Earth. Iridium is the only satellite network that allows transmission of information from any point on Earth. Iridium has 66 satellites in orbit around the Earth, allowing coverage anywhere on Earth 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Messages sent via Iridium take just seconds to reach Yellowbrick HQ and the race website server.
- JBW and Appliances Online - The Radio Relay Vessel MV JBW, a spacious 70 foot motor cruise, is generously donated to the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia by CYCA member and owner of Appliances Online, Mr John Winning. MV JBW is available for charter service when not on RRV duties. Please visit http://www.jbw.com.au to learn more about this luxurious motor cruiser or make a charter booking. If you are in the market for whitegoods or other appliances we ask you to support Appliances Online where possible. The CYCA Board of Directors thanks John Winning for his ongoing support and generosity to the CYCA.
TasPorts has for many years supported the race with both on-water and dockside facilities and assistance for the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, the Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania and competitors.
- Web hosting services provided by BlueCentral - BlueCentral is a leading Australian managed hosting service provider of mission critical business and web applications. Servicing over 200 corporate and government clients, and thousands of retail customers across Australia, BlueCentral's enterprise-grade IaaS platform delivers elastic Server, Storage and Network technologies designed in partnership with industry leaders such as Microsoft, VMWare, EMC, HP and Juniper.
- Ricoh Business Centre Hobart - Ricoh Business Centre Hobart has been a long established supporter of the Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race providing print management solutions to the Rolex Sydney Hobart Media Centre in Hobart. Ricoh is a leading supplier of business equippment and technology globally.
General sailing links